Sunday, July 20, 2008

Is it Saturday Evening Already! :-)

The week has flown by! Tim did his 3 days of classes...glad their done till next years CPE's! Yesterday (Friday) we spent the afternoon at the "World Famous" San Diego Zoo...well at least that's what all the signs said! :-) To me...a zoo is a zoo! Makayla enjoyed it however! She did get tired of all the walking...so today we rented a stroller...best $10 bucks spent! :-)

Today (Saturday) we spent at Sea World San Diego! Now that was lots of fun! We saw lots of different shows featuring...Shamu, a Dolphin show, a pet show with lots of dogs, cats, birds and other animal friends, a sea lion show, and a Cirque De La Mar show...acrobatics in the water and they were very good and very funny! We always made sure we didn't sit in the "SOAK" zone!Because like they said...you don't get wet...you get soaked and soaked they did! We had lunch with Shamu and that was lots of fun. The tables are pool side and the trainers tell you about the killer whales and they perform for you up close. And the food was good too!

Tomorrow (Sunday) we leave San Diego for Lake Forest CA about 70 miles north to attend Saddleback Christian Church! We are really looking forward to that! They are located close by Orange County CA where we fly home from on Monday. The weather here has been unbelievable! Sunny and mostly mid to upper 70's with an awesome breeze! Evenings are wonderful with cool nights and a cool breeze! My favorite kind of weather! I hear it has been upper 90's hot and humid there! Yuck! Not looking forward to that at all!

Today at Sea World we arrived about 10am...it felt wonderful to me...but Makayla was cold with the breeze blowing...so our 1st stop right inside the gate was to rent a stroller for the day and yes at the same place they sell fleece blankets! So we got her one of those to! :-) I guess you just "assume" all of CA is hot...but it's not. This is the "norm" along coastal cities. It does get a bit hotter inland.

Our time in California has been great! Mimi and Pops is "pooped"...lots of walking the past 2 days has Pops walking like a real "old man"...the bone spurs on both ankles cause lots of pain but won't stop him! Mimi always needs a "vacation" after our vacation to "recoup"! :-) I've just finished the Heaven bible study and we are looking forward to our new resurrected bodies one day on the New Heaven and the New Earth where there will be no more pain and fatigue like now! :-)

We arrive home late Monday and Makayla is looking forward to getting ready to start kindergarten in just a few weeks!

I will add pictures when we get home...no energy left at the end of the day to even work on it...that's if we can get on the Internet which is hit and miss here at the hotel. :-) Ms. Jaci...I know you are shocked I am "too tired" to even work on photos! :-) That should tell you how "pooped" I am! :-) Until then...check out Jamie's Blog for some of the pictures I've sent her by phone! Also she had Chloe's picture taken this week...too cute!

Love and Blessings to all!

P.S. As we were leaving the restaurant Friday where we had lunch at the Zoo...there was an "older" lady having lunch alone...I noticed her and thought I should have asked her to join us...but I didn't really know how to go about it. As we were leaving she stopped me and said can I ask you a question...I said yes mam...she asked if I looked like that as a little girl...referring to Makayla...I said well she is my granddaughter and she does look like her mommy. She was suprised and said she looked like me too! :-) To that I said thank you! I'm glad she looks like me too and thrilled I still "look young enough"! :-)

No comments: